Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: 2009

2009 7 months 2 weeks ago #47

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
JANUARY
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held in the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Dr Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Ian Williamson (Treasurer), Ron Schilling, Kingsley Ireland (Vice President), Barry Chinner, Viv Fiebiger, Ted and Merle Hopkins.

APOLOGIES: Merv Presser.

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the November 2008 meeting were moved Ian, seconded Ron, carried.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Membership Renewals – Still on the go.
Angaston Cemetery Sign/Plan – Still in Council hands.
Heritage Fund Grant Applications SHP0010/08 – re Blacksmith Shop – Meet Tuesday, February 3 at 1 p.m. with heritage architect and whoever is available.
Volunteer Registration and Co-ordination – Bill still perusing.
Anvil – The anvil in Blacksmith Shop has only been loaned (not donated) to the organisation by Ron.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In:
* Beth Allan from Western Australia seeking history of former Wanera Inn owners, Bill and Jean Darbyshire. Viv has plenty of stories and may be able to interview some people and record their memories of the two people.
* Brandon/Vosper reunion at Angaston on March 8. Jenny Tuttle looking for someone to be a guide that day.
* Jenni Evans has donated a photograph of Angaston Oval being graded around 1930 or prior. View taken from around current Football Clubrooms area and showing cricket pitch running east/west.
* Angaston Management Group replied that wording for Blacksmith Shop on brochure reprint will be updated at no cost.
* Federation of Australian Historical Societies newsletter
* Memento, publication from National Archives of Australia.
* Enquiry as to where was/is Yates’ Bridge. It was felt that it is possibly the bridge near what is now known as Pech’s corner. Gilbert Ahrens or Leo Pech may know more?
Out:
* Open Day May 31.
* Condolence letter to Mariani Family.
* The Barossa Council re Leaney Court.

FINANCIAL REPORT:
$7,089 in bank with around $88 in blacksmith shop takings gained on the Tour Down Under finish day last Friday. The Tour Down Under organisers would like to use Angaston as a finish line again next year and will be surveying businesses in Angaston for their feedback at a later time. The APHS have no problems with Angaston being used as the finish line in the future.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* A photograph of horses such as the ones on the “Oval Grading” photograph would be useful to be hung in the shop as a ‘learning guide’ for the younger generation when they visit.
* Printmasters to be contacted in regards to a reprint of the Blacksmith Shop brochure which was last done in 2003.
* No applications received regarding the “shop co-ordinator” which was advertised prior to Christmas.

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 9.10 p.m. and next meeting is February 24.

COMING EVENTS:
March 24 Meeting April 5 Tour to Steingarten and Johann Gramp’s original home. April 28 Meeting
May 26 Meeting
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2009 7 months 2 weeks ago #48

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
APRIL
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held in the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Dr. Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Ian Williamson (Treasurer), Barry Chinner and Elizabeth and Bill Sibley.

APOLOGIES: Merv Presser, Kingsley Ireland, Viv Fiebiger, Ron Schilling, Joe Doddridge and Ted and Merle Hopkins.

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the March 2009 meeting were moved Bill, seconded Anthony, carried.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Membership Renewals – Bill will send to committee and then they are to email on to anyone they may have on their email address list that may be interested in becoming a member.
Angaston Cemetery Sign/Plan – Has been completed.
Open Day – Leader obituaries cd, fruit items from Ian, photographs from Barry will be on display.
Darbyshire – Dennis Mattner and Peter Gabel are going to supply Viv with some information on the late Jean.
Community Builders Fund Application – It was successful.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In:
Out: * History Trust re grants for recent work done in the blacksmith shop.

FINANCIAL REPORT:
$7,679.04 in bank. David Pumpa owed $1,200 for blacksmith shop work and Bill purchased two old Angaston Railway Station photos for $17.90.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* Phil Holmes will start work soon and workers may be required on the day/s.
* New co-ordinator still required.
* Some ‘Lucky Horseshoe Cards’ to sell for $5 at the shop to be organised by Anthony. Approx. 200 or so to be made up.
* Presentation to Brian Schubert to be done re new “new cocky carer” replacing Colin Liebig.

OTHER BUSINESS:
* Bill presented some information on the records set by the late Kev Rohrlach on his motor bikes at Lake Eyre in the 1960’s.

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 8.25 p.m. and next meeting is May 26 and Ian and Elizabeth/Bill are apologies.

COMING EVENTS:
May 31 Meeting (History Week and Open Day on May 31) June 23 Meeting July 28 Meeting
August 25 Meeting September 22 Meeting September Steingarten Visit
October 27 AGM November 24 Meeting December 8 Christmas Barbecue
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2009 7 months 2 weeks ago #49

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
MAY
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held in the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Dr. Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Ron Schilling, Barry Chinner, Elizabeth and Bill Sibley and Ted and Merle Hopkins.

APOLOGIES: Kingsley Ireland and Ian Williamson.

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the May 2009 meeting were moved Barry, seconded Ron, carried with the exception that Bill and Elizabeth were noted as apologies that night.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Membership Renewals – Still being worked on.
Angaston Cemetery Sign/Plan – Is in the process of being erected.
Open Day – Was a success with around 50 people attending. Peter Fulton as a new life member and Brian Hurn a prospective life member.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In: Hodder family photographs. One of the stage inside the Angaston Institute which is believed to the stage from the first Institute (formerly Masonic Hall). Others were Congregational Church (now Uniting) Picnic at Fechner’s Bridge and one which looks like it is in front of the former Manse. Another was the laying of the current Town Hall Foundation Stone on May 24, 1911. Some of the photographs were taken by Thomas Adcock, Port Road, Hindmarsh, opposite Bowden Railway Station. Rev. Grant was minister of the church at the time and he was there from 1891 to 1907.
* Signicance 2.0 – a guide to assessing the significance of collections.
* Open Book re guides to printing Family Histories.
Out: * Thank you to Verna Rowland for the Hodder photographs.
*Application to enter SA Great Awards has been all but finalised.

FINANCIAL REPORT:
No report. Ron to fix Barry ($30) and Jeff ($60) up on money owing to them from the takings.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* Phil Holmes will start work soon and workers may be required on the day/s. Deadline is September.
* Volunteer training programme to be organised by Ron for any newcomers.
* Ron to purchase a First Aid Kit for the shop.
* Presentation to Brian Schubert to be done re new “new cocky carer” has been re-scheduled.
* It was sadly noted of the passing of two volunteers recently – Perce Kroschel and Merv Presser.
* Ron to email Ian regarding GST on horseshoe souvenirs. When answer known then to proceed with possibility of having other business sell the souvenirs as well.
* Barry to work on a Letter to Editor for “The Leader” regarding volunteers and the recent feature re 160 years of the blacksmith shop that was in “The Leader”.

OTHER BUSINESS:
* At least ten people are required if a tour of Anlaby is held in the future.
* Fruits of Angaston book is getting closer to printing stage. Just waiting on quote from “The Leader” before any more action. Probably about 100 A4 pages – half text, half photographs with colour cover?

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 8.50 p.m. and next meeting is July 28 and Bill will be an apology so Barry to chair in absence of Kingsley who is overseas.

COMING EVENTS:
August 25 Meeting September 22 Meeting September-October Steingarten Visit
October 27 AGM November 24 Meeting December 8 Christmas Barbecue
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2009 7 months 2 weeks ago #50

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
JUNE
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held in the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT:
Dr. Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Ron Schilling, Barry Chinner, Elizabeth and Bill Sibley and Ted and Merle Hopkins.

APOLOGIES:
Kingsley Ireland and Ian Williamson.

PREVIOUS MINUTES:
Minutes of the May 2009 meeting were moved Barry, seconded Ron, carried with the exception that Bill and Elizabeth were noted as apologies that night.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Membership Renewals – Still being worked on.
Angaston Cemetery Sign/Plan – Is in the process of being erected.
Open Day – Was a success with around 50 people attending. Peter Fulton as a new life member and Brian Hurn a prospective life member.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In: Hodder family photographs. One of the stage inside the Angaston Institute which is believed to the stage from the first Institute (formerly Masonic Hall). Others were Congregational Church (now Uniting) Picnic at Fechner’s Bridge and one which looks like it is in front of the former Manse. Another was the laying of the current Town Hall Foundation Stone on May 24, 1911. Some of the photographs were taken by Thomas Adcock, Port Road, Hindmarsh, opposite Bowden Railway Station. Rev. Grant was minister of the church at the time and he was there from 1891 to 1907.
* Signicance 2.0 – a guide to assessing the significance of collections.
* Open Book re guides to printing Family Histories.
Out: * Thank you to Verna Rowland for the Hodder photographs.
*Application to enter SA Great Awards has been all but finalised.

FINANCIAL REPORT:
No report. Ron to fix Barry ($30) and Jeff ($60) up on money owing to them from the takings.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* Phil Holmes will start work soon and workers may be required on the day/s. Deadline is September.
* Volunteer training programme to be organised by Ron for any newcomers.
* Ron to purchase a First Aid Kit for the shop.
* Presentation to Brian Schubert to be done re new “new cocky carer” has been re-scheduled.
* It was sadly noted of the passing of two volunteers recently – Perce Kroschel and Merv Presser.
* Ron to email Ian regarding GST on horseshoe souvenirs. When answer known then to proceed with possibility of having other business sell the souvenirs as well.
* Barry to work on a Letter to Editor for “The Leader” regarding volunteers and the recent feature re 160 years of the blacksmith shop that was in “The Leader”.

OTHER BUSINESS:
* At least ten people are required if a tour of Anlaby is held in the future.
* Fruits of Angaston book is getting closer to printing stage. Just waiting on quote from “The Leader” before any more action. Probably about 100 A4 pages – half text, half photographs with colour cover?

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 8.50 p.m. and next meeting is July 28 and Bill will be an apology so Barry to chair in absence of Kingsley who is overseas.

COMING EVENTS:
August 25 Meeting September 22 Meeting September-October Steingarten Visit
October 27 AGM November 24 Meeting December 8 Christmas Barbecue
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2009 7 months 2 weeks ago #51

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
JULY
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held in the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Barry Chinner (Chairman), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Ian Williamson (Treasurer), Viv Fiebiger, Jeff Retallack, Ron Schilling, Dean Messner, Bill Sibley and Ted and Merle Hopkins.

APOLOGIES: Kingsley Ireland, Joe Doddridge, Bill Gransbury and Elizabeth Sibley

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the June 2009 meeting were moved Ted, seconded Merle.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Membership Renewals – Still being worked on. Various people have indicated their willingness to join.
Fruits Of Angaston book – Is virtually completed along with the grants application. Seven letters of support have been received – Angas Park Fruit Co., Brian Hurn, John Angas, Luke Rothe, Reg Munchenberg, Robert Hill Smith and Anne Moroney. The grants organisation will look at the draft and reply by November. In the meantime it was felt that the book should be printed before that and have a launch date to sell them and hopefully enough money will be raised at the launch to pay the account. If need be some of the committee will provide loans.
SA Great Awards – Application has been done.
Significance Access On Line – go to significance.collections.councilcom.au

CORRESPONDENCE:
In: * Heritage SA Newsletter.
* Family History Week.
* Memento.
* History Trust of SA thank you for sending two copies of Angaston Folklore book to them.
* History of Dean Street Park (land donated by Clark family) was donated to society by Shirley Rohrlach.
Out: * 25 Heritage Walk Brochures sent to Joyce Holmes, Murray Bridge Information Centre.
* Kapunda Information Centre Heritage Walk Brochures.
* Letter To Editor – in The Leader – per Barry.
* Request for letters of support for “Fruits Of Angaston” were sent to Brian Hurn, John Angas, Luke Rothe, Reg Munchenberg, Anne Moroney, Peter Manning Angas Park Fruit and Robert Hill Smith.

FINANCIAL REPORT:
Angaston Management Group membership renewal form – It was agreed to become members again.
$357 for three years registration of Turner’s Van was agreed to.
$5,844 in the bank.
Ian to check with Bill regarding grants for Blacksmith Shop work/upgrades.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* Phil Holmes started work today at the Blacksmith Shop. Needs to be completed by the end of September.
* Volunteer training programme and registration forms are available.
* Dean Messner will be the new volunteer co-ordinator. Dean comes from Moonta where he was involved in local historical projects and worked at Nuriootpa many years ago in the Savings Bank (BankSA). His ancestors (Messner) came from the Angaston/Rowland Flat area. A job description form was perused and Dean had no problems with it.
* Jeff has decided to make some of the souvenir horseshoes into key rings as another promotion.

OTHER BUSINESS:
* 13 people attended the tour of Anlaby. Viv proposed a vote of thanks to Bill for his organisation of the event.
* Mt. Pleasant Historical Society are making an historical film of the town and need grants. Barry will send letters of support from the Angaston Lions Club and A&PHS.

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 9.00 p.m. and next meeting is August 25.

COMING EVENTS:
August 25 Meeting September 22 Meeting - Bill & Elizabeth and Ted & Merle apologies
September-October Steingarten Visit. October 27 AGM – Viv apology.
November 24 Meeting December 8 Christmas Barbecue
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2009 7 months 2 weeks ago #52

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
AUGUST
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held in the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Ian Williamson (Treasurer), Kingsley Ireland (Vice President), Viv Fiebiger, Shirley Rohrlach, Joe Doddridge, Barry Chinner, Ted and Merle Hopkins.

APOLOGIES: Elizabeth Sibley, Bill Sibley and Ron Schilling.

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the July 2009 meeting were moved Viv, seconded Ted.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Membership Renewals – Viv is working on this. Shirley Rohrlach has joined as a Life Member. Brian Hurn and Bill Biscoe have also indicated that they would like to become members.
Fruits Of Angaston book – Has been given to “The Leader” for them to start working on. Bruce Doecke and Gully Gardens are going to supply a bit of extra information prior to printing. Ted Hopkins donated his photographic skills toward the book free of charge which was much appreciated.
SA Great Awards – Will be held on November 5 at Chateau Tanunda.
Steingarten Trip – Is set for Sunday, September 27. Meet at Old Union Chapel at 9.30 a.m.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In: * Letters of support for “Fruits Of Angaston” were received by Brian Hurn, John Angas, Luke Rothe, Reg Munchenberg, Anne Moroney, Peter Manning Angas Park Fruit and Robert Hill Smith.
• * BV Archives & Historical Trust AGM is tomorrow night. Kingsley and Ian are going to attend.
• * History Council of SA AGM is on September 1.
• Out: Letter for Employment Directions re Dean Messner.

FINANCIAL REPORT:
$6,099.55 in bank. $357 to be reimbursed to Ian from Turner’s Van registration. $375 to be paid to Di Picard for her editing work on the Fruits Of Angaston book.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* Phil Holmes’ work on guttering, etc. is well underway and if it runs overtime (past September 1) the expiry date can be extended.
* The problem with the shifting and or demolition of the shed at the rear of the shop will need to be done in the next one to two years. If shed is completely removed a home for the Turner’s Van will need to be found.

OTHER BUSINESS:
* Repairs are needed for the former Holmes’ Wagon which is housed in the Memorial Reserve. The Barossa Council will supply materials (wood/paint, etc.) and if possible A&PHS to supply some workers. Jeff Retallack, Dean Messner and Ron Schilling to be contacted about this project. Work would more than likely be done on site.

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 8.35 p.m. and next meeting is September 22.

COMING EVENTS:
September 22 Meeting - Bill & Elizabeth and Ted & Merle apologies September 27 Steingarten Visit.
October 27 AGM – Bill and Viv are apologies. Bill will submit a report beforehand.
November 24 Meeting December 8 Christmas Barbecue – Dean to send out invitations to this function
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds