Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: 2007

2007 7 months 2 weeks ago #27

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
JANUARY
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held at the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Dr. Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Ian Williamson (Treasurer), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Kingsley Ireland, Colin Liebig, Joe Doddridge, Ron Schilling and Dean Radford.

APOLOGIES: Merv Presser and Barry Chinner.

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the November meeting were moved Ian, seconded Ron, carried.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Captain Sturt Plaque: Kingsley moved that the 1844-1944 Captain Sturt Plaque be erected near the Soldiers’ War Memorial in the Children’s Reserve. The plaque would be about table height, slightly sloping and made out of marble. The society to donate $100 towards the project. Ian seconded, carried unanimously. A letter was received from Graham McVitty advising that he would like to create a tourism trail of Sturt’s dray line from Mannum to Morgan and touching on the Murray Plains. Bill has a folder of articles concerning the erection of plaques in this area in 1944. John or Colin Angas to be approached to open this on Sunday, May 6 if possible.
History Council: Links have been established.
Council Chambers: Barossa Arts Hub report on future use of this building was tabled..
10th Anniversary Celebrations: Sunday, May 6 was suggested as the day when the 10th Anniversary Celebrations could be held following the erection of Sturt’s Plaque. The Angaston Bistro was suggested as the venue for luncheon. Bill to book the venue. Scott Agars to be invited to the function to be presented with a van donation plaque.
Band Conductor Uniform: Bill has liaised with Cindy Ogden re her late father’s band uniform.

CORRESPONDENCE:
* History Week Newsletter and State History Conference in Barossa Valley from August 3-5.
* National Archives Civilian Internment Records Open Days notification.
* State Library Free Family History Learning programme.
* Dockets from Mutton’s Store in 1940’s donated by Isobel Swyghuizen.
* Penrice Notes from Ward and Andrew family from Colin Liebig.
* Photo of Weber house opposite Angas Park Fruit (where double storey flats are now) on Murray Street.
Photo taken 1918. House demolished early 1970’s. Letter of thanks to be sent to Sue Weber by secretary.
* Annual Chapel Hire permit of $60.
* Grants Applications from Bev Morris – Ian to attend to.
* S.A. History Week needs public liability insurance. Ian to look into personal and injury insurance.
* 100 Warm Welcomes in relation to 2007 BV Vintage Festival. Ian to liaise with Vintage Festival committee.
* Enid Sutton is willing to be a guest speaker if we want her to. Kingsley to liaise with her.
* Dolly Thompson of Angaston donated a pamphlet (1970’s) on Collingrove and a copy of the Vineyards and
Orchards book from around the 1920’s/1930’s. Ron has the society’s other copy of this book which he is using
for research on the Fruit History project. Ron moved that Barry Chinner be asked if he would like to help write
this proposed book and be reimbursed in some way as well. Possibility of grants to publish the book to be
delved into as well. Colin seconded, carried.
* Kapunda Historical Dinner invitation to be declined. Secretary to advise them of this.

FINANCIAL REPORT: $3,830.70 currently in bank.
BLACKSMITH SHOP: Bill is available to collect the money from the donation box and Ron can take bookings due to Colin starting to take more of a ‘back seat’ in regards to the running of the shop. Repairs on the bellows will be handled in the near future and the roof to be kept an eye on as far as replacing some of the sheets of iron. Two more volunteers may be involved soon – Tina, a young teenager from Tanunda and Jeff Retallack also from Tanunda. The butcher van will be on display at the Angaston Show.

OTHER BUSINESS:
Open Garden at Rose Villa: An invitation to serve afternoon tea at Rose Villa in November was declined. It was felt that Red Cross or Church Ladies’ Auxiliary would be better suited to this fundraiser.

CLOSE: Meeting concluded at 9.50 p.m.

COMING EVENTS:
February 27 meeting. March 27 meeting. Sunday, April 8 100 Warm Welcomes Walking Tour 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. $3 per person. April 24 meeting. May 6 10th Anniversary Dinner – Captain Sturt Plaque Unveiling. May 22 meeting. May 27 Open Day photographic display. June 26 meeting. July 24 meeting. August 3-5 History Trust Conference in BV. August 28 meeting. September 25 meeting. October 23 meeting. November 27 meeting. December 18 Annual Combined Christmas Function.
Possible tour of Tanunda Museum when suits (Sunday later in year).
Possible tour of Sedan/Cambrai/Towitta in August with BBQ at Towitta Park. Joe can organise things to see such as water troughs/wells/springs/museum.
Possible descendant of G. F. Angas to speak at combined function on a Sunday in November. Kingsley to liaise
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2007 7 months 2 weeks ago #28

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
FEBRUARY
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held at the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Dr. Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Ian Williamson (Treasurer), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Kingsley Ireland, Colin Liebig, Ron Schilling, Dennis Willshire and Al Merrick.

APOLOGIES: Merv Presser, Joe Doddridge, Dean Radford and Barry Chinner.

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the January meeting were moved Ron, seconded Ian, carried.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Captain Sturt Plaque: Ian still liaising with Ian Baldwin of The Barossa Council.
10th Birthday Celebrations: Barossa Bistro has been booked for May 6 function. Bill to send invitations out.
Public Liability, hiring chapel –annual permit Ian still working on these.
Heritage Walk: Ian, Kingsley and Bill to meet at Bill’s home on April 2 at 8.00 p.m.
Band Conductor Uniform: Bill displayed the late Stan Mattner’s band uniform. It also contained two batons, hat, whistle and a 1956 Band Centenary framed photograph. These items to be stored at Ian’s home.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In
* Jan Mudge re confirmation of History Week in May.
* Australian Historical Society newsletter and questionnaire.
* Guide for publishing history. Passed on to Ron for proposed Fruit History publication.
* Jen Light re photo of Tarrawatta from Angaston – An Australian Arcadia.
* Eudunda Heritage Gallery Newsletter.
* A photograph of the Angaston Hospital in 1920 owned by Betty Mahlo was loaned to Anthony who photocopied it and presented it to the Society.
Out
* Thank you to Sue Wuttke for photo of Weber House, now apartments (formerly flats) next to the former Catholic Convent opposite Angas Park Fruit Co. Cash Sales on Murray Street.
* Kapunda Museum – Dean Jaensch guest speaker on March 24. Invitation was declined.
* Heritage Walk information for April 8.

FINANCIAL REPORT: $4,290.10 currently in bank. Accounts to The Leader and Aust. Post were moved Ian and seconded Al to pay, crd.
BLACKSMITH SHOP: February takings were $287. Ian to contact Ian Curren (Vintage Festival) re entering Turner’s Van in the Float Procession. Ian to also contact Historical Vehicle Club re getting a Historical Vehicle Club badge for the van. The van also was entered in last Saturday’s Angaston Show Grand Parade.
Head Blacksmith
Kingsley moved that Dennis Willshire be appointed the Head Blacksmith and he be in control of the responsibility and authority as far as the blacksmithing operations go. This would involve the opening/closing times, etc. Ian seconded, carried. It was also suggested that when the shop is open that there be at least two people in attendance so that one can look after the front part if the other has to be out the back for some reason. If things need to be attended to before the opening time and only one person is present (e.g. opening shed, turning on old engine, gathering coke/wood for forge, etc.) then this should be done with the front door still closed. This would alleviate any possible theft or other unlawful acts while no-one is present yet to attend to the front section.

OTHER BUSINESS:
Wire Donation: Colin Angas (via John Little) has donated some 1850’s heritage wire which was probably brought out to Australia from England by the first Angas settlers. Ian to store. Thank you letter to be sent to Colin from Anthony.
Gawler Park Video: The missing Gawler Park video has been found and Colin to put it onto a CD prior to returning it to Bill Sibley.

CLOSE: Meeting concluded at 8.50 p.m. and next meeting is March 27.

COMING EVENTS:
Sunday, April 8 100 Warm Welcomes Walking Tour 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. $3 per person. April 24 meeting. May 6 10th Anniversary Dinner and Captain Sturt Plaque Unveiling. May 22 meeting. May 27 Open Day photographic display. June 26 meeting. July 24 meeting. August 3-5 History Trust Conference in BV. August 28 meeting. September 25 meeting. October 23 meeting. November 27 meeting. December 18 Combined Christmas Tea.
Possible tour of Tanunda Museum when suits (Sunday later in year).
Possible tour of Sedan/Cambrai/Towitta in August with BBQ at Towitta Park. Joe can organise things to see such as water troughs/wells/springs/museum.
Possible descendant of G. F. Angas to speak at combined function on a Sunday in November. Kingsley to liaise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2007 7 months 2 weeks ago #29

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
MARCH
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held at the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Kingsley Ireland (Chairman), Ian Williamson (Treasurer), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Dean Radford, Colin Liebig, Ron Schilling, Dennis Willshire and Al Merrick.

APOLOGIES: Dr. Bill Gransbury.

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the February meeting were moved Al, seconded Ian, carried.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Captain Sturt Plaque/10th Birthday Celebrations: The erection of the plaque to be followed by Lunch at Barossa Bistro on May 6 are all organised. John Angas will unveil the plaque.
Public Liability: Ian moved and Al seconded that the Public Liability Insurance be taken out, carried. It will cost the society about $500 per year from now on and this will need to be included into the operating budget.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In
* The Barossa Council approval to erect Captain Sturt Plaque.
* History Matters magazine.
* Australian Heritage flyers.
* Patching family information.
* The Barossa Council re Your Future In The Barossa.
* Illert family (Moculta 1860’s-1890’s) re family history information

Out
* Thank you letter to Colin Angas re wire donation.
* History of old Police Station opposite Town Hall/former Council Offices on corner was given to Kathy Romeo by Barry Chinner, Bill Gransbury and Anthony Schubert. She was very pleased with the information.

FINANCIAL REPORT: $4,455.30 currently in bank and outstanding accounts of around $700 still to be paid.
Ian moved, Colin seconded that Al be re-imbursed $90 towards fixing of his hearing aid which was damaged at the shop recently.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* Light Pass Trim had recently repaired the bellows at a cost of $110 for materials only without labour. A thank you letter to be sent to Peter Bray of Light Pass Trim.
* Gutters around shop need fixing.
* Ron Schilling has been given a blacksmith tool from a gentleman in Laura. A story/photograph to be run in “The Leader” to try and get an explanation of what the tool is.
* With regret the consensus of the meeting regarding blacksmith volunteer, Merv Presser, was that he be relieved of his volunteer duties and asked to return his keys to Dennis Willshire.

OTHER BUSINESS:
Historical Display: Due to up-coming renovations to the old buildings alongside of the Angaston Hotel, Al will check with Andrew Plush on how much longer the historical display can stay before we have to remove it.

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 9.00 p.m. and next meeting is April 24.

COMING EVENTS:
April 24 meeting. May 6 10th Anniversary Dinner and Captain Sturt Plaque Unveiling. May 22 meeting. May 27 Open Day photographic display. June 26 meeting. July 24 meeting. August 3-5 History Trust Conference in BV. August 28 meeting. September 25 meeting. October 23 meeting. November 27 meeting. December 18 Combined Christmas Tea.
Possible tour of Tanunda Museum when suits (Sunday later in year).
Possible tour of Sedan/Cambrai/Towitta in August with BBQ at Towitta Park. Joe can organise things to see such as water troughs/wells/springs/museum.
Possible descendant of G. F. Angas to speak at combined function on a Sunday in November. Kingsley to liaise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2007 7 months 2 weeks ago #30

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
APRIL
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held at the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Dr. Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Ian Williamson (Treasurer), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Kingsley Ireland, Colin Liebig, Ron Schilling, Dennis Willshire and Al Merrick.

APOLOGIES: None.

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the March meeting were moved Ian, seconded Colin, carried.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Captain Sturt Plaque/10th Birthday Celebrations
Around 45 people are expected to attend the plaque unveiling on May 6 and 40 are expected to attend the 10th Anniversary Luncheon after the unveiling which will be done by John Angas. $25 per head and those present to pay for their meal at the Barossa Bistro counter before leaving the function.
Heritage Walk
Colin moved and Ron seconded that next time the Heritage Walk is publicised more through the APHS instead of leaving it to other organisations.
State History Conference
This will be held in the Barossa on August 3-5. Bill will host an Angas Connection Tour at 2 p.m. on August 4. Tour will include Hutton Vale, Collingrove. Afternoon tea for $5 will be available at Hutton Vale.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In
* Maxine Koop, auntie of Angaston Butcher Peter Barratt seeking information of William Yates, referred to Cliff Graue. Anthony may have some more information which he will forward on.
* Heritage South Australia newsletter, March 2007.
* Verbal communication regarding historical material left in the former council chambers (clock, scales, etc.) to Bill from Andrew Cameron.
* The Barossa Council re Your Future In The Barossa – not attended to by this group.
* Joe Doddrige re Blacksmith Shop at Tarrawatta. Ian to check with Arthur Dabernig regarding the future of the building and articles in it. Colin and Ron would like to attend Tarrawatta Blacksmith building if possible after Ian contacts Arthur.
Out
* Thank you letter to Peter Bray re blacksmith shop bellows restoration.

FINANCIAL REPORT: $4,084.34 currently in bank.
Blacksmith shop takings were $474 and $188 was taken on Angaston Town Day during Vintage Festival.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* About 16 people expected to attend tour of shop on Monday, May 21 from Tanunda Lutheran Home.
* On Saturday, May 19 Light Four Wheel Drive Club will be touring the shop.
* Bill read out an example Code of Conduct which is to have ‘No smoking inside the Blacksmith Shop’ added to it. Theo Marks has offered to assist in adopting a similar Code of Conduct. A&PHS tried to resolve recent difficulties but found it too time consuming and difficult to resolve the situation satisfactorily for all parties involved. Resolved that no further action was required at this stage.
* Al and Dennis left the meeting at 8.40 p.m.
* Colin moved that a Code of Conduct be adopted when we receive it and have perused it. No Smoking in the building also to be implemented at the same time. Volunteers to sign the document when it is finalised. Ian seconded, carried.
* Bill left the meeting due a call out at 8.45 p.m.
* Turner’s Van was well received in its recent journey from Nuriootpa to Tanunda in the Vintage Festival Float Procession. Only comments made by bystanders was that the vehicle was lacking some fritz to give away.

OTHER BUSINESS:
Historical Display
Some material from display next to Angaston Hotel has been removed. Bill to check the display material using his key.

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 8.55 p.m. and next meeting is May 22.

COMING EVENTS:
May 27 Open Day photographic display. June 26 meeting. July 24 meeting. August 3-5 History Trust Conference in BV. August 28 meeting. September 25 meeting. October 23 meeting. November 27 meeting. December 18 Annual Combined Christmas Tea.
Possible tour of Tanunda Museum when suits (Sunday later in year).
Possible tour of Sedan/Cambrai/Towitta in August with BBQ at Towitta Park. Joe can organise things to see such as water troughs/wells/springs/museum.
Possible descendant of G. F. Angas to speak at combined function on a Sunday in November. Kingsley to liaise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2007 7 months 2 weeks ago #31

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
MAY
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held at the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Dr. Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Colin Liebig, Ron Schilling, Barry Chinner, Dennis Willshire and Merle Hopkins.

APOLOGIES: Ian Williamson (Treasurer) should arrive around 8.30 p.m..

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the April meeting were moved Ron, seconded Colin, carried.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Captain Sturt Plaque/10th Birthday Celebrations
Both functions went off well and several people expressed interest in joining the Society.
State History Conference
This will be held in the Barossa on August 3-5. Bill will host an Angas Connection Tour at 2 p.m. on August 4. Tour will include Hutton Vale, Collingrove. Afternoon tea for $5 will be available at Hutton Vale.
Material in former Council Chambers
Bill, Barry and Ron to meet with Andrew Cameron in former Council Chambers at 10 a.m. tomorrow to view/discuss plans for Angaston archival material which has been stored in the offices for many years, eg. Town Clock, World War I Medals, etc.
Open Day
The Open Day this coming Sunday will be advertised in tomorrow’s “Leader”.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In
* S.A. History Week feedback sheet.
* Letter from Dennis Noack re touring his Funeral Home at Tanunda.
* Letter from Joe Doddridge regarding some Blacksmith Shop ideas was tabled by Bill.
Out
* Letter to John Angas thanking him for his address at the Captain Sturt Plaque unveiling on May 6.

FINANCIAL REPORT: $4,580.30 currently in bank.
Blacksmith shop takings were $205 and $40 was taken out for Don Dodd travelling expenses.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* Rob Kenning, 31 Gorse Avenue, Hawthorndene 5051, phone 8370 2137, email has offered a form of traineeships for people interested in blacksmithing to be held at the Doddridge Blacksmith Shop. Ron liasing.
* Bill to see Eblens (formerly Fiebigers) re use of toilets when Blacksmith Shop is open.
* Schulz Butchers have offered fritz to hand out in conjunction with Turner’s van if it participates in future Vintage Festival processions along with any butchering items (aprons, etc.).

OTHER BUSINESS:
Tour to Murray Flats
This to be held in September/October if possible when weather is warmer.
1939 Calendar, Yates Family and Angaston Race Club
Anthony donated a 1939 calendar which was printed by “The Leader” and listed Angaston businesses/sporting clubs and their contacts at the time. Other local towns were also on the calendar. It was a sort of 1939 Business Directory.
Anthony also donated a file on the Yates family that were prominent in Angaston up until around World War II and another on the history of the Angaston Racing Club which held races at Light Pass from October 15, 1927 up until the early 1960’s.
Heritage Walk Brochure
Bill outlined changes to the Heritage Walk Brochure which will be re-printed soon and some other changes were made.

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 8.30 p.m. and next meeting is June 26

COMING EVENTS:
June 26 meeting. July 24 meeting. August 3-5 History Trust Conference in BV. August 28 meeting.
September 25 meeting. October 23 meeting. November 27 meeting. December 18 Annual Combined Christmas Tea.
Possible tour of Tanunda Museum when suits (Sunday later in year).
Possible tour of Sedan/Cambrai/Towitta in September/October with BBQ at Towitta Park. Joe can organise things to see such as water troughs/wells/springs/museum.
Possible descendant of G. F. Angas to speak at combined function on a Sunday in November. Kingsley to liaise.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Siobhan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2007 7 months 2 weeks ago #32

  • Siobhan
  • Siobhan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 166
  • Karma: 0
JUNE
Angaston & Penrice Historical Society Inc.
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING
Held at the Old Union Chapel, Angaston on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 at 7.30 p.m.

PRESENT: Dr. Bill Gransbury (Chairman), Anthony Schubert (Secretary), Colin Liebig, Ron Schilling, Barry Chinner, Dennis Willshire and Merle Hopkins.

APOLOGIES: Ian Williamson (Treasurer) arrived at 8.30 p.m., Kingsley Ireland and Merv Presser.

PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes of the May meeting were moved Barry, seconded Colin, carried.

BUSINESS ARISING:
Open Day
The day was a success even though it was not as well attended as last year.
Heritage Walk Brochure
It was suggested to perhaps put a photo of the Town Hall on the front page and include Hill House in the brochure.
Material in former Council Chambers
Bill, Barry and Ron met with Andrew Cameron in former Council Chambers and found many useful items of Angaston’s past. Bill will type up a list of the items. Bill has written to Andrew about the items.

CORRESPONDENCE:
In
* Booking Forms for State History Conference.
* APHS information for The Barossa Council’s forthcoming updated Local Business Directory has been updated by Bill.
* National Family History Week, August 4-12 brochures.
* Andrew Griscti has donated a CD of his school project (Angas Recreation Park 1877-2007). He got 60 out of 60 for it.
* Rose Laucke (wife of Max Jnr.) has donated a ‘brand new’ Laucke Flour Mill flour bag. The Roaring 40’s also has one that they are going to frame and hang in their business premises.
* Joe Doddridge has donated his own story about his family and their early involvement in the fruit industry around Angaston.
* Joe has also donated some photocopies of an employment reference for Arthur Doddridge from Walter G. Smith when Arthur left Yalumba on August 18, 1906. Arthur had worked there for 10 continuous years and it was also signed by the staff of Yalumba at the time (18 of them – Yates, Roberts, Kokegei, Mansfield and Read were some of the names). There was also three copies of the Angaston Band Of Hope membership cards (1870, 1871, 1873) which belonged to Joe’s grandmother and her two sisters.

FINANCIAL REPORT: $4,844.23 currently in bank. Blacksmith shop takings were $212.

BLACKSMITH SHOP:
* Bellows have been ‘fixed’ on the main forge. However it was suggested that perhaps the recently acquired Sibley bellows that were once used where Howard’s Quarries (Barossa Quarries) are now situated could be installed in place of the ‘faulty’ one. The blacksmith’s on duty are to be told to leave the bellows ‘up – with air in them’ when leaving the premises as this keeps them in better working order than if left flat with ‘no air’. The Sibley bellows need a bit of maintenance as well and Ian to contact Peter Bray on the possibility of having some work done on them. No smoking signs need to be erected as well.
* Eblen’s have given permission to use the toilets at their premises next door to the blacksmith shop.
* Colin announced that due to health reasons he would no longer be able to be involved in the running of the shop like he has been since around 2001. However, he can still collect the takings if need be.
* Bill has entered the Blacksmith Shop in the upcoming SA Great Awards.
* The building is becoming very fragile. Bill to see council’s Heritage Architect on some possible help/remedies in this area and to also contact Paul Mariani to let him know what is happening.
* The proposed blacksmithing traineeships programme should have a six month trial period just to see if it’s a viable proposition before implementing the scheme. Any sort of expenses/remunerations, etc. need to be discussed as well.
* The Turner’s Butcher Van has been issued with plate no. 214 from the Barossa Valley Historical Vehicle Club.

OTHER BUSINESS:
Angaston Cemetery
Information is needed for a proposed plaque to be put at the Angaston Cemetery on Angaston/Nuriootpa Road. Ron stated how John Ramsey designed the four cremation walls in the middle of the cemetery and Ross Atkinson had helped build them.
Angaston Photograph
Ron has come across a photograph of Angaston taken sometime around 1915-1922 from the top of Dean Street looking towards the Town Hall/Railway Station. It shows the croquet green where “The Leader” office is now situated.

CLOSE:
Meeting concluded at 9.30 p.m. and next meeting is July 24.

COMING EVENTS:
July 24 meeting - August 3-5 History Trust Conference in B.V. - August 28 meeting - September 25 meeting.
October 23 meeting - November 27 meeting - December 18 Annual Combined Christmas Tea.
Possible tour of Tanunda Museum when suits (Sunday later in year).
Possible tour of Sedan/Cambrai/Towitta in September/October with BBQ at Towitta Park. Joe can organise things to see such as water troughs/wells/springs/museum.
Possible descendant of G. F. Angas to speak at combined function on a Sunday in November. Kingsley to liaise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds